Labels: ,

My first #1 pick

I don't even remember my last blog post, but since this Dirty Thirty Challenge was my first ever #1 draft pick, I figured it was time. And my conclusion is...#1 pick sucks! Because of the snake draft, my next picks are #12 and #13. That's a pretty huge gap where most of the good players are already taken by then, and I'm not sure my #1 pick is worth missing out on those other top players. Regardless, I think I actually made out okay.

Here's how I drafted...

#1 - CT

I mean, it's CT, c'mon! CT is getting older and may have mellowed out from his younger crazy days, but he's still a powerhouse, and more importantly, intimidates the newbies. They are scared of this guy and may be afraid to go against him in eliminations. CT also knows how to work the drama and stir the pot, so I think some drama points are possible. He won the recent challenge season, so the old man still has it.

#12 - Nelson

It's the end of the second round, and like I said, I think all the main good ones are already taken. Plus I think this season has a weak girl group and all the good girls are definitely gone. Nelson has proved to be a pretty good player, plus he's a hot head and hooks up. Good drama points there. He hooked up with LaToya before who is on this season, so hopefully they rekindle the fire! The trailer shows him conspiring with Cory and getting into a fight, so there's already evidence he may be a key player in the alliance talks.

#13 - Hunter

I almost picked Derrick K here, but then I saw an extended teaser where Derrick's name was already being offered up for elimination...not a good sign. Derrick was a good competitor in his day, but his time away from the challenge kind of makes him an old rookie (along with Veronica), where they don't have enough friends around to form an alliance. Hunter is a strong athlete, and I drafted him before, so he was a solid pick for me in the past. He hooked up with Ashley M and kind of stuck around under the radar to build up points. Here's to no one noticing him again.

#24 - Tori

Now I honestly think I stole these #24 and #25 picks. Tori is a rookie, so yes, she's a target, but she seems like a tall athlete. Plus I think she has a likeable personality and will make friends easily. Why is she still available? The Amazon woman is mine.

#25 - Devin

Devin has placed well in past challenges, and seems to have the reputation of being a schemer. He's definitely not going to win on the physical front, so I hope his brains, wits, and strategy pull him through. And this is the Dirty 30 challenge...will there be more backstabbing challenges? Will the challenges sway toward strategy over braun? Oddly, I think I found that Devin and Tori hate each other? Is there same team fight points? :)

Now for some observations about my team...

Tori's my girl.

My only girl. I'm pretty disappointed with the girl choices this season, so my eggs are in the boy basket. Hopefully Tori will do well, but by pick #12, I think all the good girls were gone. Usually I have a pretty gender-balanced team, but just couldn't do it this season.

AYTO alliance?

In case you missed it, all of my players are from AYTO except for CT. I think a third of the players this season are from AYTO, so I'm hoping for an AYTO alliance to combat the rookie curse. This could be their year! Devin has to be the leader, if he can find a way to work with Tori. You can do it, Devin!

p.s. I've never watched AYTO. Crossing my fingers!

No comments: