Labels: , ,

Team In It To Win It

For my team name, I'm going to take a page out of the short lived yet lively run of GOP candidate Herman Cain, and use catchy jingle type rhymes. So I'm "In it to Win it!" this season. Some may have predicted, like Jon, that I would take Wes with the first pick. I avoided Wes this time consciously. I also took a page out of last year's champ Yasmine's book and decided to pick against my feelings and skip the great red head. I also just get this vibe that he's not going to do as well this year, and his shtick is starting to grow old on me.

My strategy going in was to try to pick for longevity. I feel like to win the season, you need to have at least half your team or more make it to the finals. Also, I've learned that the females are the superior point earners in this game, and all things being equal, one should pick a lady. I'll let other people "data-mine" into exactly why if they want. I'll just take the ladies at face value.

I did single out two scenes in the preview that I thought could be likely final challenge events, either the beach scene or the ice scene. TJ stated that there is money for 3 teams, which could imply 4 teams in the final. Therefore, I banked on the beach scene with couples dressed up in mock wedding outfits as a final challenge candidate. If so, then the final teams are Paula/Dunbar, Diem/CT, Camila/Johnny, Robin/Mark. That was how I made my first 3 picks. I was thinking, well none of them are in their team outfits, so this must be the final! Plus these 4 appear to be fairly strong teams.

But now, I'm not certain, and in fact, after watching the "Director's Cut" version of preview, I think I'm wrong. I believe TJ says "Welcome to the final challenge" and its not beach scene at all, its the ice and sled dog scene. If so, then there is unambigous evidence in the preview that reveals one of the final couple teams fairly conclusively. That couple did not appear to be on anyone immediate radar for the first round...If you prefer suprises, I'd suggest you don't look too closely.

But then again, what do I know. I would to preface to everyone that I've been perpetual runner up in this game. I do take satisfaction that I've constantly and consistently beat Jon however. It's the little victories that keep me going. Heh. But anyways I do like this image though, b/c it reveals a bit of a mystery of who the finalists maybe, without giving it all away! I'm wondering, who is a small tiny sized girl that is fair skinned...


Hmmm...hmmm in deed!

I hope this will be a good season for everyone, and I love the format. I'm In it, to Win it!

2 comments:

Yasmine said...

I think Herman Cain stole it from Randy from American Idol? That's funny about beating Jon, that is fun! Sorry Jon.

jonyangorg said...

I would like to note that going into Cutthroat's last week or so, I was leading in the standings! And that year I soundly beat Victor. If you want to side wager a burrito for who will win between us this season, I'm ready! In it to beat everyone (especially Victor)!