Labels: ,

Team Mjolnir

Just look at my team leader, yes, it's Thor Odinson, the god sent from Olympus to save us all, aka Zach Nichols. I don't know if you recall, but last season Zach pretty much single handedly killed everyone else. Standing at an imposing eight feet ten inches, nobody is going to want to mess with Zach this year, even CT. (Although that is a matchup I'm dying to see!) Seriously, how did Zach drop to me at pick #5? I can only think that it's the potential weakness of Trey. But c'mon, Zach should be able to carry his team to the finals at least. Plus he's gonna get some hookup points for sure, just look at that hunk of a man/god!

I think this is Sarah's year, and teamed up with Trishelle, it's clear they'll have the veteran savvy to take it far. I debated between taking Sarah and Trishelle but let us not forget that Trishelle dragged Dustin last year to a second place finish in Battle of the Seasons. Sarah will always get her cry points, but I'm banking on Trishelle to do have more drama this season. Also, my entire team was named The Thrishelles last season, so the choice was easy. Trishelle and Sarah are both sneaky athletic, so I see them being the top women's team.

The other night, while the first few rounds for the draft were happening, Yasmine and I were sitting around when her pick came up. She asked who she should pick. Haha, I led her totally the wrong direction with my deviousness because I was picking directly after her. She debated between Trey, Cooke, and Marlon, and while she tried to get my super secret selection from me, I blanked her out, confident that she was way off the scent. As we walked down Leroy Street to get food at Daddy-O's, I chuckled to myself. "Leroy street! We're eating on Leroy Street and she doesn't even notice! (Literally, click on this image.)" My reasoning for taking Leroy is that on the first Rivals, he got to the finals while dragging along the absolute uselessness of Mike. Now, paired up with even an average partner, he'll be a force to be reckoned with. Sure Ty can be a hit-or-miss partner but we know they're both big, black, and strong. Who's gonna mess with them? Also, Leroy is a super nice guy and the other contestants like having him around. He was my sleeper and I hoped to get him mid-rounds and it all worked out nicely, thanks to Yasmine's "I'll take Mr. One Hand's partner" pick. Woohoo!

I was obviously hoping for Cara Maria to drop to me in the fourth but it was not to be. Victor snatched her up, again, and I was left to sort through the detritus that was the rest of the people left. There were no good guys left, by far, and so I had to choose between a raft of girls that held no promise. I went with Jasmine for the drama points, and am going to hope she stays feisty. In retrospect, I think I should have gone with Diem because I suspect she will do some good veteran sticking around -- even with the Aneesa anchor on her team. Oh well, Jasmine it is!

Last pick: Knight. Misogynist, dummy, drunk, asshole. I hated him hard core last season but between him Preston, Dunbar, and Tyrie, it was a no brainer. Knight was shown in the previews stirring stuff up so that will probably get him ousted soon. But hey, I'll take his drama points! Also, I do recall Knight somehow being the voice of reason by the end of his time on Battle of Seasons. So maybe he's cooled off a little.

All in all, I feel like my team is a super squad, like the Avengers. Sure I don't have Tony Stark or Captain America, but with Thor/Zach on my side, I feel ready to contend this year. Oh right, "Mjolnir" is the name of Thor's magical hammer, in case you didn't geek out to the comics. Mjolnir, away!

2 comments:

Yasmine Gomez said...

If you mentioned Leroy, I still wouldn't have taken him. I told you the 3 I was considering! You could have just helped me pick one of those!

J.A. Yang said...

It's called "The Challenge," not "The Help Each Other"....